Sunday, April 1, 2012

3 R's DIY party favor


Inspired by Tracie Lampe AKA the queen of trash,  I noticed my moms' one cup coffee system had a lot of waste and those little plastic pots were the perfect size for a peat pellet to grow a seed complete with drainage hole.
Coupled with my need for even garbage to be pretty and a desire for my children develop a use of the 3 R's,  I came up with this DIY party favor for my Daughters fifth spring birthday. 
 


I started with a K cup and after futile attempts could not get the foil and adhesive off the rim ( it really gives me pause to think about what coffee flavor that adds) , so I  used decorative Duct Tape to edge the rim added a peat pellet, seed, instructions with 'how to', and stickers to design the 'pot', and placed them in favor boxes  I found at a dollar store.

Perhaps in the end I created more waste but it was a fun activity that hopefully will plant the seed for Reducing, Recycling, and Reusing in the future for my children and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment