Friday, May 18, 2012

Raised garden beds

 Last year I agonized over how to make raised beds in the garden until one day I was leaving a landscape supply company and saw these circles in various sizes standing upright in the rear view mirror as I was leaving. Come to find out they are galvanized steel fire rings and I think they make a fine raised bed.


To dress them up I sprayed the outside different shades of blue. To give them a formal touch in the future I may stack stone around them to create a sort of bench. Eventually we will add a flagstone path between them and convert the ceramic planters into a water feature.


 Inspired by my failed attempts to grow a sunflower house I used netting and bamboo poles to grow a green 'cave' to play in.


We thought it was fun.


 This year we are going to grow on a teepee.


Can't wait to share what grows,
Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment